It's a public health crisis, experts say.
- 17 percent of all fatal car accidents are caused by sleep deprivation.
- Seven to 8 hours is recommended for adult humans, more for adolescents.
- About 1/3 of all adults are not getting at least seven hours of sleep each night.
The massive number of casualties and injuries created during these battles necessitated some quick, creative ideas... some of which we still have today.
- The war resulted in more than 600,000 deaths.
- About 500,000 were wounded.
- The war created a massive need for inventions of various kinds and led to rapid advancement in medicine
It increases their brains' gray matter volume.
- Occasional use, defined as once or twice, can actually increase grey matter volume.
- Unfortunately, anxiety is also increased.
- 35 percent of 10th graders have experimented with cannabis.
Brandon Weber has been writing and creating viral joy on the Innerwebz for over 7 years at Upworthy, The Progressive, Big Think, and more. His book on forgotten histories of unions, working people, veterans, and other marginalized people is available on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Powell's.