When these particles are eaten by earthworms, the results are not good.
- New research from Anglia Ruskin University states that microplastics in soil are causing earthworms to lose weight.
- Soil affected by microplastics produces less crop yield due to less productive earthworms and lower pH levels.
- If this trend continues, our entire agricultural system could be compromised.
Sleep deprivation leads to a shutdown in the production of essential proteins.
- Two new studies indicate what happens when your natural circadian rhythm is disrupted by not enough sleep.
- The production of essential proteins is disrupted by a lack of sleep, which could result in cognitive decline.
- From dementia to an uptick in obesity, sleep deprivation wreaks havoc in your physiology.
Move over deepfakes. Multi-agent artificial intelligence is poised to manipulate your mind.
- While multi-agent artificial intelligence was first used in the sixties, advances in technology have made it extremely sophisticated.
- Everything from online trading to disaster response training can be accomplished with MAAI.
- The dark side of MAAI is the potential manipulation of voters and other insidious applications.
Glenn Albrecht has ideas about how to cope with the effects of a changing world: Invent a new language.
- In Earth Emotions, Australia philosopher Glenn Albrecht provides a blueprint for dealing with emotional turmoil resulting from climate change.
- Technology has many wonderful applications, but distraction and entertainment cannot be the foundation of our devices.
- Time remains for preparing to deal with the consequences of climate change, if we act now.
Derek Beres is a multi-faceted media expert and group fitness instructor based in Los Angeles. He is the Director of Content for RChain Cooperative, a veteran instructor at Equinox Fitness, a columnist for Big Think and the music expert for 24 Hour Fitness.