Veterinarians are concerned. Consumers appear not to be.
- The pet CBD industry, valued at $8 million in 2017, is expected to grow to $1.16 billion by 2022.
- Despite the hype, there have been few clinical studies conducted on pets.
- While there is evidence of its potential therapeutic value, all evidence points to much higher dosages than offered on the consumer market.
An experimental study involving 90 heavy drinkers found promising results.
- A single dose of ketamine has been shown reduce cravings for alcohol in heavy drinkers.
- Ninety drinkers took part in the experimental study; the ketamine groups fared best.
- This research on addiction follows in the wake of a ketamine derivative being used for treatment-resistant depression.
Mycologist Paul Stamets believes they should be.
- Mycologist Paul Stamets believes psilocybin should be offered over the counter.
- Numerous studies on psychedelics over the past few years are helping to build the case for therapeutic usage.
- Potential benefits include positive mental outlook and reduced depression and anxiety.
Bill Bryson's new book, "The Body: A Guide For Occupants," provides important (and funny) lessons in anatomy, neuroscience, physiology, biology, and more.
- American-British scholar, Bill Bryson, has written a fascinating user's guide to the human body.
- The Body: A Guide For Occupants provides important lessons in anatomy, neuroscience, physiology, biology, and more.
- Though we've learn a lot about ourselves in the last two centuries, it's still clear there's much we don't know.
Derek Beres is a multi-faceted media expert and group fitness instructor based in Los Angeles. He is the Director of Content for RChain Cooperative, a veteran instructor at Equinox Fitness, a columnist for Big Think and the music expert for 24 Hour Fitness.