Fauna and flora refuse to go quietly into the Anthropocene.
- Pioneers of the Greater Holocene plan to strike back against concrete.
- Seed packets and plant nutrients are the weapons of choice for standing up to humanity's destructive impact.
- Hopeless? Maybe. Poignant? Absolutely.
Many believe that the internet has made it easier for us to participate in political activism. But is that really true?
- Protesting in person is costly in terms of money and resources; some people have children to take care of, jobs that can't be away from, or may not have time to attend a planning event.
- The internet was supposed to be a way to sidestep this barrier to political activism. But this doesn't consider the other barriers preventing poor and working-class folks from participating in digital activism.
- In particular, these people lack ASETs: access to computers, the skills to use them, the empowerment necessary to feel that using Twitter or other social media is for them, and the time to make use of digital platforms in an effective way.
Recognizing the consequences of your actions requires consideration of the long game.
- A boycott of Equinox and SoulCycle has been called as owner Stephen Ross held a fundraiser for President Donald Trump.
- While the story has made headlines, the actual consequences of member cancellations are not what many think.
- The episode provides another example of the dangers of cancel culture.
Peaceful protest in the face of Putin.
- Russians protesting for a free election process now have a new image to rally behind.
- 17 year old Olga Misik sat in front of riot police reading the Russian constitution.
- She read aloud the passage, which affirms the right to peaceful gatherings.
Conservative journalist Andy Ngo was attacked during marches in Portland on June 29.
- Andy Ngo, a sub-editor at the online magazine Quillette, was attacked by masked activists as he was filming protests in Portland.
- The assailants haven't yet been identified, though police have released some photos of potential suspects.
- Some U.S. states and localities have banned public mask-wearing, while other courts have ruled such laws to be unconstitutional.