Research suggests dog ownership may improve heart health, decrease depression, and even help you live longer.
- Dogs have been man's best friend for at least the past 15,000 years.
- Science now shows that this symbiotic relationship has been as beneficial for humans as their canine companions.
- Benefits of dog ownership include familial ties, a reduce risk of schizophrenia, and improved cardiovascular health.
Scientists exploring human neurons directly learn some remarkable things.
- Most research regarding human brains is performed with rodent brains on the assumption that it may also apply to us.
- An unusual study looked at recently resected human brain tissue that turned out to contain some big surprises.
- Human neurons' unexpected electrical signals and their behavior shed new light on human intelligence.
Charity and volunteering not only benefit the recipient but help you become happier and healthier in the new year.
- Most New Year's resolutions are self-directed and enjoy a failure rate of about 80 percent.
- Research has shown that selfless giving can enhance happiness, improve your health, and even extend your life.
- Resolving to help others can help you keep your resolution this year.
A new study suggests that a device's night mode may damage sleep hygiene even more.
- The social consensus claims that blue-light emitting devices interrupt sleep by curbing melatonin production.
- However, new research suggests that the ruddy hues of "night mode" may have a more detrimental effect on quality sleep.
- While causal effect remains unknown, the correlation between screen time and poor sleep habits is nonetheless strong.
"What a shock," said no dog lover ever.
- A speech language pathologist has taught her puppy Stella to use 29 words.
- Stella "speaks" by stepping on large buttons programmed with recordings of words.
- The dog expresses her desires, comments on household events, and offers opinions.