Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
Firefighters in Northern and Southern California are struggling to contain three wildfires that have forced more than 100,000 residents to evacuate.
- The 'Camp Fire' broke out early Thursday morning in Paradise, a town north of Sacramento.
- It's so far left five people dead and thousands of buildings destroyed.
- Meanwhile, two other wildfires are spreading north of Los Angeles.
The Centennial State has 697 sides‚ not four.
The Boring Company plans to offer free rides in its prototype tunnel in Hawthorne, California in December.
- The prototype tunnel is about 2 miles long and contains electric skates that travel at top speeds of around 150 mph.
- This is the first tunnel from the company that will be open to the public.
- If successful, the prototype could help the company receive regulatory approval for much bigger projects in L.A. and beyond.
Some stress out. Some read. Some drink.
- New infographics reveal how we deal with approaching hurricanes.
- We're ultimately defenseless, but here's how we get though it all.
- Among the storm prep essentials? Alcohol.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.