It marks the first time a plant has been grown on the moon.
- In January, China became the first nation to land a spacecraft on the far side of the moon.
- Chang'e-4 lunar rover carried among its payload a small biosphere that housed six lifeforms, including cotton seeds.
- Using data from that biosphere experiment, researchers constructed a digital image of the cotton plant that reveals it grew two leaves before dying from the cold.
Heinous, if proved accurate.
- The NGO China Tribunal accused China of killing persecuted minorities and harvesting thousands of organs from them.
- They recently presented their findings to the U.N. Human Rights Council.
- China has denied the large-scale harvesting of organs.
After China stopped accepting recylables, California was put in a tough place.
- California attempted to ban single use plastics by 2030.
- The bill couldn't pass through the necessary channels and was stopped by industry lobbyists.
- Microplastics and plastic pollution in general are becoming increasingly more detrimental to the environment.
Virtual borders have also been subtly dividing the world
In modern disinformation warfare, social media is the main battlefield.
- Twitter and Facebook say they've deleted multiple accounts that appear to be connected to a state-backed disinformation campaign.
- The accounts paint the Hong Kong protesters in an extremely negative light, with some calling them cockroaches.
- In Hong Kong, hundreds of thousands of protesters have been marching for 11 weeks, in what started as a fierce objection to a bill that would extradite Hong Kong citizens to China.