We need electric planes, sustainable aviation fuels, and hybrid propulsion now, not later.
Researchers from UCLA invent a device that generates electricity from a rather unusual source.
- UCLA scientists have invented a cheap, flexible, and simple device called snow-TENG that generates electricity when it comes into contact with snow.
- Scientists have known that snow carries an electrical charge for several decades, but this device is one of the first to capitalize on that effect.
- The researchers believe that snow-TENG could be used in movement-tracking applications or as a simple weather station that requires no battery to operate.
Construction of the $500 billion dollar tech city-state of the future is moving ahead.
- The futuristic megacity Neom is being built in Saudi Arabia.
- The city will be fully automated, leading in health, education and quality of life.
- It will feature an artificial moon, cloud seeding, robotic gladiators and flying taxis.
Cheese is one of the latest products to be used to create biogas.
Will the small petrol state soon be solar powered?
- The United Arab Emirates is on a solar kick — it has just opened the world's largest solar farm.
- This is only one of several huge power plants they've opened recently.
- While the country is still heavily dependent on oil, the new solar plants may change things.