Through experiencing time in a nonlinear way, can artificial intelligence provide us more perspective?
- Is Sophia the Robot, of Hanson Robotics, conscious? Not quite, she says. Instead, she reflects the consciousness of humans in the same way the moon reflects the light of the sun.
- While we don't know if humans possess free will, she advises us to act as if we do. We can benefit from this.
- So, what can humans learn from robots? Artificial intelligence can view the world in a way that's more objective, being present while still able to look toward the future and the past.
Spoiler: Microbiomes in space!
- A recent interview reveals the visionary inspiration behind Star Wars.
- The story was originally an excerpt from the Journal of the Whills.
- The Whills were the force behind the Force.
Baby Yoda merch is on the way, but these Star Wars holiday gifts are available right now.
- Since the launch of Disney Plus, the internet has gone crazy for Baby Yoda.
- Merchandise for the cute character was intentionally delayed, but there are other options.
- The items in this gift guide are for anyone who loves Star Wars or wants to learn more.
Before the next big, dangerous, incoming rock arrives.
- A NASA/ESA project plans to try and change the path of an extraterrestrial body.
- The target is the moon of a binary asteroid almost 7 million miles away.
- Science is getting serious about planetary defense.