Some of the world's most prestigious universities aren't in America.
- China's Tsinghua and Peking University are on par with Harvard and MIT.
- These 10 universities consistently shuffle around for top tier status in Asian college rankings.
- Universities in Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and China have churned out dozens of Nobel Laureates and other renowned figures.
Japanese researchers carry out quantum teleportation within a diamond.
- Scientists figure out how to teleport information within a diamond.
- The study took advantage of defects in the diamond's structure.
- The achievement has implications for quantum computing.
- It will be used to test the viability of a full-sized space elevator.
- Questions still remain about what materials could be used to build the elevator.
- If successful, a space elevator would be a cheaper way of reaching space.
- The eggs contain an antiviral protein called human interferon beta.
- This protein is known to combat some forms of cancer and other conditions.
- The unusual technique could one day provide cheaper and more effective treatments.
The billionaire is also inviting eight artists along with him. It would be the first time a civilian crew has participated in a mission to the moon.
- The billionaire is Yusaku Maezawa, a 42-year-old Japanese entrepreneur who founded the clothing website Zozo.
- Maezawa, SpaceX's first paying passenger, purchased all the open seats on the first-of-its-kind mission.
- Maezawa is calling the mission an art project, dubbed #dearMoon.
- Elon Musk says Maezawa's risky investment in #dearMoon has "done a lot to restore my faith in humanity."