Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- For many, this burden can be alleviated by becoming familiar with some straightforward financial concepts.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
Tragedy in art, from Ancient Greece to Breaking Bad, resists all our efforts to tie reality up in a neat bow, to draw some edifying lesson from it. Instead it confronts us with our own limitations, leaving us scrabbling in the rubble of certainty to figure out what's next.
Famous inventors and scientists submission to the daily grind
The Indian philosopher had a lot to say.
- The Indian philosopher taught that concepts get in the way of observation, and only by ridding yourself of concepts can you experience freedom.
- Reared to be a Theosophist leader, Krishnamurti rejected that system (along with all others) in formulating his outlook.
- His books touch upon topics such as education reform, physics, and meditation.
The calorie is the basic unit of measure of food — and it might be off.
- In a new article in 1843, Peter Wilson argues that counting calories is an outdated form of weight management.
- Research shows that labels are up to 20 percent off true caloric totals; 70 percent in frozen processed foods.
- Not all digestive systems are created equally; humans process foods at different rates under varying conditions.
- There's no shortage of good advice in the world. But how to actually follow it?
- When it comes to your own wellbeing, learn to schedule your 'me time' with precision.
- Only this way, says Jillian Michaels, can you center yourself and retain a sense of joy.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.