From coffee makers and headphones to a calming weighted blanket, something here should appeal to just about anyone on your list.
Why campuses are becoming polarized — and what we can do about it.
- The narrowing of academic freedom is a major problem for institutions of higher education.
- Social media, external pressures, and increasingly diverse student bodies — while providing some positives — create more opportunity for misunderstanding and miscommunication.
- Reaffirming the value of and commitment to open debate ensures a more vibrant academic culture.
Babbel is developed by over 100 linguistic experts and its speech recognition technology assesses your pronunciation so it's "fi 'ahsan al'ahwal" every time.
- A lifetime Babbel subscription can help you learn up to 14 popular languages.
- 10-to-15 minute language lessons focus on building basic conversational skills.
- Babbel's speech recognition technology monitors and assesses your verbal performance.
Get the whole 12min library now for just $29.
- 12min summarizes hundreds of best-selling books down to essential 12-minute microbooks.
- Microbooks are downloadable in both text and audio formats.
- You can request a 12min summary of any non-fiction book not in their vast library.
The internet was built to resist an Orwellian future. Now it's being weaponized.
- Research shows hierarchical groups are more likely to use the internet as a platform.
- This might be counterintuitive, as the original rise of the internet coincided with events like the toppling of top-down structures.
- Despite the strong belief that the internet is horizontal, these hierarchical systems achieve high levels of online participation.
StackSkills Unlimited is offering the ultimate career booster: lifetime access to over 1,000 courses in many of today's most in-demand skill sets.
- StackSkills Unlimited is an online learning resource with over 1,000 skill training courses.
- Over 550,000 students have successfully completed courses in IT, graphic design, finance and more.
- Save over 90% off the regular price
The ONE Mini is a Swiss Army knife of translation tech, interpreting 12 different foreign languages with a host of features.
- The ONE Mini translates and transcribe 12 languages in real time.
- Advanced speech recognition tech produces text or verbal translations instantly.
- Live premium translator service is available through ONE Mini.
Let's not kid ourselves: Coral reefs are in serious danger. But numerous ambitious projects are underway with the goal of keeping these ecosystems alive.
- Human activity has made it a serious possibility that coral reefs might cease to exist on Earth.
- It's tempting to give into despair over this prospect, but assuming the game is over already doesn't reflect objective reality.
- There is an increasing amount of research and work going into keeping coral reefs alive. Coupled with a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, the next generation stands a chance of growing up in a world with coral reefs.