Researchers documented the most common negative side effects of smoking weed, and who might be most susceptible.
- A team of researchers identified a total of 26 possible adverse reactions to cannabis use.
- Coughing fits, anxiety, and paranoia are among the top three most common adverse reactions to smoking weed.
- It was the people who smoke on a less frequent basis who were more likely to have had the bad experiences.
Nostalgia is also proven to decrease loneliness and increase resiliency.
- Nostalgia is defined as a sentimentality for the past and can be unique to each person.
- Studies have shown that nostalgia can be used to combat loneliness and improve resilience. It can also be used to boost creativity.
- There is a kind of cooperative activity between memory and reward systems in your brain that plays a very specific role in how we experience nostalgia.
Researchers observed "inter-brain coherence" (IBC) — a synchronisation in brain activity — between a musician and the audience.
From novels to screenwriting, storytelling is one of our most powerful forms of communication.
- Reading has been shown to make you more intelligent and empathic, a trait that good writers learn to master.
- Storytelling is one of the most important forms of communication that humans engage in.
- While "finding your voice" is what writers crave, beginning with the basics is an essential step on any writer's path.
This video game designer's creations have been said to work "neurological magic."
- Video game designer Bennett Foddy's games hack players' neurology to allow them to embody the subjects on the screen.
- Foddy plays with perceptions of sensation to explore how gamers "become" the digital characters.
- Research indicates that video games can change how our brains perform and their structural makeup. For instance, enhancing several kinds of focus.
Relax Melodies is the most positively reviewed app in the history of the App Store.
- Blue light negatively impacts the secretion of melatonin, making it harder for smartphone and computer users to sleep.
- Meditation has been shown to have a positive impact on sleep by increasing specific neurochemicals while decreasing stress.
- Relax Melodies can help you get the sleep you need, and it's on sale.