Why free thought has died on university campuses.
- Freedom is speech is being eradicated on college campuses in favor of identity politics and "snowflake" culture.
- Rather than be open to new ideas, differing opinions that might make students "feel bad" are shut out.
- This creates a cycle of negativity between not only the colleges and the students but also the very idea of college being a place of higher learning.
Wander into the deep recesses of the mind and never return the same with these existentialist books.
- Existentialism deals with the search to find meaning through free will and choice, among other things.
- Philosophers considered are existentialists who hailed mostly from Europe in the 19th and 20th century.
- Many existentialists believe that humans should make their own worth regardless of rules, laws or tradition.
Researchers find out why some people believe utter BS.
- Scientists discover that people who have high apophenia are more likely to believe "pseudo-profound bullshit".
- Apophenia is a tendency to see patterns and connections that aren't really there.
- The condition could be a precursor to more serious mental illness.
Need to kick-start your creativity? This technique can really help.
- The best way to become more creative? Exercise your creativity like you would your body.
- Set realistic expectations. Nobody is going to become the best immediately and write an amazing novel, or what have you, in a week.
- Curiosity is the fuel that drives creativity. Pick a big goal and find out every small aspect about it to break it down.
Long hidden under trees, it's utterly massive.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.