We need electric planes, sustainable aviation fuels, and hybrid propulsion now, not later.
The FAA is not amused by flame-throwing drones.
- Federal Aviation Administration publishes a notice warning the public not to weaponize their personal drones.
- Doing so will result in a $25,000 fine per violation.
- The FAA is keeping pace with the rapid development of this new and popular technology.
Fingerprinting and facial recognition may lead the way in air travel.
An elegant, 400-year-old means of navigating the stars takes flight.
- The Planetary Society is about to launch LightSail 2, a crowdfunded light sail craft.
- LightSail 2 uses photons from the sun as fuel.
- Space X's Falcom Heavy rocket will carry LightSail 2 aloft, 720 kilometers up.
When it comes to climate change, today's airplane pollution is a real problem.
- A new partnership between the Delft University of Technology and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has been announced along with a plan for a striking new plane.
- The Flying-V is a plane that's all wing, and promises a 20% reduction in fuel use.
- Riding in the Flying-V as it banks may not be for the faint of heart.