Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
It may create the conditions for further inequality.
- The Danish government is building nine artificial islands known as Holmene off the coast of Hvidovre.
- The 33 million square feet of new land will house 380 businesses and 170 acres of parkland, creating 30,000 new jobs.
- Local residents fear this project will alienate the middle class while disrupting traffic and public transportation systems in nearby Copenhagen.
Need to know how an election will turn out? Call your bookie.
- A new study finds that gamblers reacted more quickly to news on Brexit than currency traders.
- On the night of the referendum, gamblers and odds makers figured out what would happen hours before traders, experts, and the BBC.
- The results are bad news for the idea that markets are perfectly efficient.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The new charge was announced in a tweet by the city's mayor.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.