Here's how we can use the concept of 'impact impression' for criminal reform.
- In his work in criminal reform, Bishop Omar Jahwar recounts how a person's life trajectory can typically be traced back to a moment of trauma or an 'impact impression'.
- An impact impression has two outcomes: It can be an awakening that steers people in a positive direction where they seek help, or it can become a negative spiral that lands them in prison. In the latter case, supporting people in undoing the damage and mental scars they've incurred from such impact impressions can help reduce recidivism.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
These three things can help you make smarter and faster decisions.
According to the World Health Organization, there are 5 general life skills that everybody needs.
- The World Health Organization identified 5 basic life skills that are crucial to cultivate and learn in order to have a better and more productive life.
- Ranging from creative thinking to learning to cope with stress, these skills should be instilled in youth during their education and nurtured over a lifetime.
- Although the best time to develop these skills is during one's youth, the second best time is right now.
- Bad outcomes get criticized as evidence of bad decisions, but that's not necessarily so.
- Here, poker pro Annie Duke desribes a simple thought experiment that separates decisions from outcomes.
- It is quite possible to make a very good decision that, due to external factors, results in a bad outcome
- There's no shortage of good advice in the world. But how to actually follow it?
- When it comes to your own wellbeing, learn to schedule your 'me time' with precision.
- Only this way, says Jillian Michaels, can you center yourself and retain a sense of joy.