A new Gallup polls shows the rising support for socialism in the United States.
- Socialism is experiencing a boom in support among Americans.
- 43% of Americans now view socialism as "a good thing".
- There are also more people (51%) against socialism as political stances hardened.
Cook's commencement speech at Tulane University urges students to take action.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gave a commencement speech at Tulane University on May 18th.
- Cook cautioned the graduates to not get caught up in echo chambers and algorithms.
- He acknowledged the failures of his generation.
New computing theory allows artificial intelligences to store memories.
- To become autonomous, robots need to perceive the world around them and move at the same time.
- Researchers create a theory of hyperdimensional computing to help store robot movement in high-dimensional vectors.
- This improvement in perception will allow artificial intelligences to create memories.
How many abortions are actually performed? Numbers reveal the complexity in the raging debate.
- The American society is close to split on the legality of abortions.
- 45,789,558 abortions were carried out in the U.S. between 1970 and 2015.
- The abortion numbers are at an all-time low now, trending almost half of what they were.
Paul is a writer and filmmaker. His award-winning films like "Moses on the Mesa" have played at film festivals around the world. Recently, he finished directing "The Caveman of Atomic City" - a feature documentary about a unique philosopher who lived in a cave on the territory of the Los Alamos National Lab, the birthplace of nuclear weapons. Paul is currently working on a collection of science fiction stories and as well as preparing to shoot his first narrative feature. Paul writes about transformative scientific research, history, futurism, philosophy and current events. You can follow his work at paulratnerimagines.com, on Instagram, Facebook and on Twitter. Paul also curates the "Moses on the Mesa" facebook page, which is one of the premier online resources for rare historical images of Native Americans.