An ecological silver bullet is missing the target altogether.
- The seeming success of worldwide recycling depended on China's now abandoned role.
- Municipalities are starting to limit the materials they'll recycle, and landfills are growing.
- The real solution to our waste problem may lie in our past.
It's made from Chernobyl water and rye. What could possibly go wrong?
- 33 years later, parts of the exclusion zone may be ready to be reclaimed.
- The beverage similar to Ukrainian vodka will soon be available.
- Raise a glass to the renewable Earth.
It's part of the nation's massive reforestation campaign that aims to plant 4 billion trees in 2019.
- Ethiopians planted 353,633,660 seedlings on Monday, likely breaking a world record for the most trees ever planted in a single day.
- Ethiopia has suffered rapid deforestation over the past half-century.
- On a broader scale, reforestation might be one of the most effective ways to curb climate change.
With the ivory trade on the decline, poachers have been capitalizing on a new, disturbing trend.
- At the start of 2018, China banned all ivory products within its borders. As one of the largest markets for ivory, this represented a significant win for conservationists.
- However, just as the ivory trade declined, a new demand for elephant skin emerged.
- The skin is used in medicine and to make jewelry. What options are there for combating this dangerous new trend?
Cheese is one of the latest products to be used to create biogas.