Using a new process, a mini-brain develops retinal cells.
- Mini-brains, or "neural organoids," are at the cutting edge of medical research.
- This is the first one that's started developing eyes.
- Stem cells are key to the growing of organoids of various body parts.
A neuroscientist argues that Da Vicni shared a disorder with Picasso and Rembrandt.
- A neuroscientist at the City University of London proposes that Leonardo da Vinci may have had exotropia, allowing him to see the world with impaired depth perception.
- If true, it means that Da Vinci would have been able to see the images he wanted to paint as they would have appeared on a flat surface.
- The finding reminds us that sometimes looking at the world in a different way can have fantastic results.
A joint study from U.S. and U.K. universities shows promising results in reducing the rate of cognitive decline.
- Decline in hearing and vision can add to overall mental decline.
- Hearing aids can slow cognitive decline by 75 percent.
- Similarly, cataract surgery can help cognitive decline by 50 percent.
Flies are in no way smart, but they experience time in an almost Matrix-like way.
America's most popular conspiracy theories and the science behind them.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.