from the world's big
Nutrisystem is a smarter weight-loss program that users enjoy.
- The societal and economic consequences of obesity cannot be ignored.
- The economic impact is up to $190 billion every year in America.
- Americans spend up to $2.5 billion each year on popular weight-loss programs.
Credit: Nutrisystem<h3>The economics of obesity</h3><p>The obesity crisis in America has profoundly changed the health of our nation. Two-thirds of American adults are now <a href="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4770258/" target="_blank">overweight or obese</a>. Excess body weight creates numerous health problems, <a href="https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/weight-management/health-risks-overweight" target="_blank">such as</a> increased risk for heart disease, hypertension, cancer, sleep apnea, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. Tragically, the steep rise in obesity rates can, in large part, be traced back to the surge in processed foods made with filler ingredients, questionable preservatives, and excessive sugars. </p><p>That's part of what makes losing weight so difficult. Supermarket shelves are stocked with processed foods. A whopping 74 percent of packaged foods contain <a href="https://sugarscience.ucsf.edu/hidden-in-plain-sight/#.Xx3ly_hKhTY" target="_blank">added sugars</a>, which are conveniently disguised under 61 different names, including dextrose, maltose, and treacle. You shouldn't have to play detective every time you go to the grocery store. </p><p>Obesity has real-world consequences. Every year, up to <a href="https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes.html" target="_blank">$6.38 billion is lost</a> in productivity costs due to obesity-related absenteeism. That number only accounts for people taking off of work. Overall, obesity-related costs in America are estimated to be <a href="https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/91/5/1520S/4597467" target="_blank">$147 billion</a> every year. One <a href="https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-consequences/economic/" target="_blank">study</a> shows that cost was $190 billion in 2005. </p><p>Overweight citizens are also <a href="https://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/home/conference-highlights/aaic-2015-coverage/mental-illness-and-obesity/" target="_blank">more likely</a> to suffer from poor mental health. The combination of poor self-image, social stigma, lack of exercise, and biological issues due to obesity increase the likelihood that someone will be anxious or depressed. This creates a crippling feedback loop: diets high in sugars and carbohydrates, which are fueling the rise in obesity, are <a href="https://bigthink.com/21st-century-spirituality/your-diet-might-be-causing-anxiety-and-depression" target="_self">also linked</a> to poor mental health. </p><p>Many people want a solution that works. In 2014, Americans spent <a href="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4446719/" target="_blank">roughly $2.5 billion</a> on commercial or proprietary weight loss programs. As a society, we pay the price of obesity in the form of work absenteeism, inflated health care costs, and mental health issues, and we pay trying to solve it. Finding a solution to this problem is of utmost importance. </p>
Emotional intelligence is a skill sought by many employers. Here's how to raise yours.
- Daniel Goleman's 1995 book Emotional Intelligence catapulted the term into widespread use in the business world.
- One study found that EQ (emotional intelligence) is the top predictor of performance and accounts for 58% of success across all job types.
- EQ has been found to increase annual pay by around $29,000 and be present in 90% of top performers.
Worthy returns 2-3x more money than local jewelers and pawn shops.
- The jewelry resale market notoriously undervalues the true worth of many pieces.
- Sellers that investigate their options tend to receive higher returns than those who go to local jewelers. Keeping jewelry that you do not wear can be a bad financial choice; the value of diamonds is down more than 10% over the last 5 years, while the Fortune 500 index is up 40%+ over the same period.
- Local marketplaces like Craigslist or Ebay are fraught with scammers who can leave sellers empty handed.
The line between work and play has became blurred during the pandemic.
- Pornhub measured its daily traffic and reported an average increase of 24% in daily traffic compared to days before COVID-19 lockdown.
- During lockdown, VR porn has helped breach the gap between social distancing and human connection.
- There are many reasons it's better to pay for porn than rely on free websites: it reduces exploitation, the quality is better, and you can dive into the world of VR.
Porn sites' response to COVID<p>Several porn sites made their premium features free during the pandemic so that people would be more inclined to stay at home. In addition, a number of websites enabled their verified models to upload content and receive 100% of the income generated from those videos in a bid to help support them during the pandemic.</p><p>From the beginning of March, there was a <a href="https://www.pornhub.com/insights/verified-model-uploads" target="_blank">30% increase</a> of uploaded material from adult models compared to previous periods. Interestingly, more than 1,000 corona-themed videos were uploaded onto Pornhub, many of which received over one million views each. Surprisingly, corona and COVID were searched over 15 million times during this period.</p>
How virtual reality bridged the gap of social distancing and human connection<p>Porn fulfills a need when there is no one around but it's not quite the real thing so, after a point, it can leave us wanting a little bit more. Unfortunately, COVID is forcing us to wait a significant amount of time before we can really connect with someone, but thanks to virtual reality websites, such as <a href="https://badoinkvr.com" target="_blank">Badoink VR porn</a>, that little bit more was enough for many to stay at home, remain safe and satisfied.</p><p>Virtual reality porn is as close to the real thing as you can experience despite being completely alone. You can experience your sexual fantasies as though you are actually in the room watching or even experiencing the actors and actresses before you. When you look around the room or check out your company for the evening, you see it from a point-of-view perspective, which gives it a very realistic feel. It's the perfect bridge between reality and fantasy. Of course, it's no substitute for the real thing, but during lockdown, there are not many ways you can make it better.</p>
Why paying for porn is better for everyone<p>You may ask, 'Why pay for something when you can get it for free?' but COVID has highlighted the importance of looking after those who keep us going during difficult times. We have a reasonable expectation to pay for things that we use and consume, be it music, movies, and even dating sites, <a href="https://mashable.com/article/pay-for-your-porn-erika-lust/?europe=true" target="_blank">so why should porn be any different?</a> On some level, we recognize that we receive a better quality service or product when we make a financial contribution and doing so prevents the exploitation of others in disadvantaged circumstances.</p> <p>It's fair to say that few other industries have exploited people more than the adult industry and websites that offer free porn indirectly and perhaps unintentionally contribute to this due to video piracy, and lack of control over how the performers are being treated or rewarded for their effort. Paying for porn means that everyone gets a better deal, so consider finding a site that works for you. You can feel proud of being socially responsible and be sure to get a better quality product, especially if you are stepping into the modern era of virtual reality.</p>
Here are 5 simple steps to creating a side hustle you can cash in on—just remember: quality should be at the heart of each step.
- If you choose a niche you are passionate about and people are interested in, you can create a lucrative side hustle on Instagram.
- Once you gain an engaged fanbase, you can monetize your account through advertising and affiliate links.
- Here are 5 simple steps to get your on your way to becoming an influencer.
1) Choose the right niche<p>Like any business model, you must center your Instagram side hustle around a particular niche. It must be a niche that is popular and attracts an audience regularly. Some of the most popular Instagram niches are fashion, food, travel, and entertainment.</p> <p>For instance, you could start a travel profile where you take trips and upload pictures of what you saw in various exotic locations. People love to follow Instagram accounts with travel themes because it gives them a chance to see places they don't get to see normally.</p> <p>Whatever niche you choose, make sure it is something that interests you so you can stay committed and passionate about it for the long haul. Also, make sure you're in a position to take photographs of things that relate to it. </p>
2) Upload high-quality photographs<p>Instagram is all about visuals. If you want to maintain a long list of followers, there's no question that you need to upload high-quality photographs to your account. Instagram requires you to take pictures on your smartphone or tablet camera and upload it to your account with the Instagram app. </p><p>However, there is a way you can upload photographs to your Instagram account from your computer desktop or laptop. For Mac and PC users, you can try Chrome extensions like Desktopify or Desktop for Instagram. After these are installed, you can start uploading pictures from your computer. </p><p>That way, you'll have more opportunities to photoshop your pictures and make them look even better with advanced touchups.</p>
3) Purchase Instagram likes<p>Building up a new Instagram profile is difficult. Everyone wants to create a special post that ends up trending and attracting thousands of people. But there is nothing you can do to guarantee that will happen. The best you can do is get likes to your Instagram posts. The more likes that your posts receive, the more people will want to check them out because they will appear to be popular posts.</p> <p>Since it is so challenging to get likes to Instagram posts when your account is new, you can speed up the process by <a href="https://www.stormlikes.net/buy-instagram-auto-likes" target="_blank">buying Instagram likes</a>. When you buy automatic Instagram likes, you get a service where a specific number of likes are automatically applied to your posts each month. </p> <p>For instance, you can spend $15.99 per month and get likes on up to 120 posts for that month. The most likes you can have per post is 50 likes. If you want to pay extra, you can have up to 100 likes per post for $24.99 or up to 250 likes per post for $33.99. It is recommended that you don't flood a single post with too many likes at once. Try to spread them around a little so that they look more natural to your audience. </p>
4) Use the right hashtags in your posts<p>Hashtags are essential if you want to attract more attention to your Instagram posts from people who are interested in your niche. Each time you publish an Instagram post, you're allowed to include hashtags in the post or <a href="https://www.socialinsider.io/blog/instagram-hashtag-study/#:~:text=The%20engagement%20rate%20per%20post,ones%20in%20the%20first%20comment." target="_blank">in the first comment</a>. Users can select a hashtag and view all the Instagram posts that have the hashtag in it.</p> <p>The idea is that if you research popular hashtags used in Instagram posts that are related to your niche, then you can use the same hashtags in your posts. Then it will be easier for people (and the discover algorithm!) to discover your Instagram profile and follow it. </p>
5) Cash in<p>The part where you make money comes from advertising in your posts, both directly and indirectly. Once you have a popular Instagram account, you can become an influencer.</p> <p>As an influencer, you get paid for promoting the products or services of other companies or people. You can also do affiliate marketing through your Instagram posts as well. Just get creative by finding ways to monetize the thousands of new followers that you've received. </p>
Recent studies suggest virtual reality porn can produce a more positive experience than viewing from a monitor or screen.
- Since early 2014 when Ela Darling, an adult entertainment actress recorded her first VR performance, the world of virtual porn has taken off.
- Recent studies suggests VR porn produces a more positive experience than typical porn viewing through a monitor or screen.
- RealityLovers, a top VR porn website, speaks about the benefits of virtual reality porn experiences and the future of VR adult entertainment.
Your brain on VR porn<p><a href="https://www.dailydot.com/debug/vr-porn-brain-study/" target="_blank">Daily Dot</a> covered a study that was done by a popular VR pornography website and the results were quite interesting (albeit from a small sample): according to the study, which had men between the ages of 18-45 watching the same clip on a flat monitor and then again with a VR headset, participants watching VR porn had to work harder to process the information. The article explains:<br></p><p style="margin-left: 20px;"><em>That's not necessarily a bad result... [B]oth VR and PC scored in the cognitive load "sweet spot," where users were neither overwhelmed with information nor bored by it... The participants' motivation, or whether they feel positive or negative about watching certain content, was also greater, or more positive, in the VR test.</em></p>The overall results of this study suggest that VR porn produces a more positive experience but is not too overwhelming. <a href="https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/rebooting-porn-use-faqs/what-about-virtual-reality-vr-porn/" target="_blank">Various studies</a> have since confirmed this original finding.
The rise of VR porn and what it means for the adult entertainment industry<img type="lazy-image" data-runner-src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzQyODIyNC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYxMzMxOTc5OX0.YvFfshnjS5lKESA79Ry5DRISFga_iB9j-0ZFjkDY380/img.jpg?width=980" id="1c10c" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="1163a4c72e4cc565a59d26eb770769b4" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="\u200ba woman with a VR headset on watching VR porn" />
Photo: RealityLovers<p><strong>What is the viewing experience like?</strong></p><p><strong></strong>With some of the top VR porn websites having been around for up to five years now, the continued developments in technology have allowed the adult entertainment industry to advance in ways we could have only imagined, allowing viewers to have an incredibly realistic experience through platforms like <a href="https://realitylovers.com/news/what-is-the-viewing-experience-of-vr-porn-like/" target="_blank">RealityLovers</a>.</p><p>For those who have not yet experienced virtual reality porn, it's a completely immersive way to consume adult content. There are 180-degree and 360-degree porn websites available which allow you to explore the environment you're in, which can include exotic locations around the world or fantasy locations that don't exist in real life.</p><p>One of the most popular experiences is POV (point of view) porn, which allows you to view the scene from a first-person perspective. As you can imagine, this is a particularly popular genre of VR porn, although there are many other genres in existence.</p><p><strong>What equipment do you need to watch VR porn? </strong></p><p>Although VR systems used to be expensive, they are becoming increasingly more popular among the general public. From smartphones and Google Cardboard to Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, and beyond, there are plenty of different options for VR equipment. </p><p>Most virtual reality porn websites are capable of accepting various types of VR systems, but you may need to check with the site to make sure the equipment you have (or are looking to purchase) is compatible with their platform. </p><p>Along with a VR headset of your choosing, there <a href="https://sextoycollective.com/best-male-sex-toys/vr/" target="_blank">are also some sex toys</a> that people choose to use to enhance their virtual reality experience. People who desire a totally immersive experience may opt for something like the <a href="https://www.kiiroo.com/products/the-fleshlight-launch-powered-by-kiiroo?sscid=61k4_pfkyx" target="_blank">Fleshlight Launch</a> (a male interactive sex toy that is able to sync with VR content through select platforms).</p><p><strong>VR porn and beyond…</strong></p><p>If you're curious about virtual reality porn, devices are more affordable than ever and more and more platforms are giving viewers access to virtual reality situations. The sex toy industry has also hopped on board, manufacturing more and more toys that are Bluetooth compatible, meaning you can sync them to your VR system and use them simultaneously. From POV sex to threesomes and more, virtual reality is quickly becoming a favorite way for people to bring their fantasies to life.</p>