A new study finds an unexpected trait that young people want in a lifelong partner.
- A new study from the UK looked at dating preferences of 2,700 international students.
- The study found that kindness was the top trait preferred by both men and women in a lifelong partner.
- Looks, financial stability and a sense of humor were also important but with differences across cultures.
Former evangelical pastor Joshua Harris has put himself in a difficult situation.
- Former pastor, Joshua Harris, recently announced that he's divorcing his wife of twenty years.
- Harris's 1997 book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye, sold over a million copies and is credited for influencing the Christian purity movement.
- His work has harmed a lot of people, causing Harris to rethink his ideas two decades after its publication.
Couples who use marijuana experience greater intimacy.
- New studies suggest positive benefits of marijuana use by couples.
- Whether one or both use it, relationship intimacy can improve.
- Previous studies found that marijuana boosts sex lives.
How important is it to consider a romantic partner's genetic profile before getting married?
Unions between Muslims and non-Muslims played a huge part in the expansion of Islam.
There are few transformations in world history more profound than the conversion of the peoples of the Middle East to Islam. Starting in the early Middle Ages, the process stretched across centuries and was influenced by factors as varied as conquest, diplomacy, conviction, self-interest and coercion. There is one factor, however, that is largely forgotten but which played a fundamental role in the emergence of a distinctively Islamic society: mixed unions between Muslims and non-Muslims.