Couples who use marijuana experience greater intimacy.
- New studies suggest positive benefits of marijuana use by couples.
- Whether one or both use it, relationship intimacy can improve.
- Previous studies found that marijuana boosts sex lives.
How important is it to consider a romantic partner's genetic profile before getting married?
Unions between Muslims and non-Muslims played a huge part in the expansion of Islam.
There are few transformations in world history more profound than the conversion of the peoples of the Middle East to Islam. Starting in the early Middle Ages, the process stretched across centuries and was influenced by factors as varied as conquest, diplomacy, conviction, self-interest and coercion. There is one factor, however, that is largely forgotten but which played a fundamental role in the emergence of a distinctively Islamic society: mixed unions between Muslims and non-Muslims.
A revival is occurring, and we sure can use it.
- For the first decade after it was synthesized, MDMA was used in individual and couples therapy.
- Many therapists spoke against the criminalization of MDMA in 1985 due to the drug's therapeutic potential.
- A revival has occurred in recent years, with the government allowing clinical trials to move forward.
Nikolaas Tinbergen's concept of "supernormal stimulus" explains why humans are attracted to a heightened version of reality.
- According to Pornhub's annual statistics, "hentai" and "cartoons" were among the most popular categories in 2018.
- Such pornography is a supernormal stimulus, an artificial object that triggers an animal's instinctual response more intensely than natural analogs.
- Supernormal stimuli not only explain our heightened response to pornography, but also art, junk food, and social media.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.