These books will help you ideate more creatively.
- Being a generalist in multiple fields can spark innovation in something outside of your expertise.
- It is critical to understand the role of organizations in the future.
- Applying patterns from genius innovators into your own thinking processes.
The new design could help the robot explore disaster zones and other dangerous environments.
MIT's Cheetah 3 robot can now leap and gallop across rough terrain, climb a staircase littered with debris, and quickly recover its balance when suddenly yanked or shoved, all while essentially blind.
Turning salt water into fresh water with the power of the sun.
- New solar-powered desalination plant provides fresh water in Kenya.
- The plant is already able to support 25,000 people a day.
- As more water-scarce regions pop up worldwide, technology such as this offers an energy efficient way to provide fresh water.
Did fire change the development of the human brain?
- The earliest evidence for fire dates back nearly 440 million years.
- Our hominin ancestors first used natural wildfires to flush out prey and forage for food.
- Richard Wrangham's cooking hypothesis suggests that a ready supply of cooked food allowed the Homo lineage to develop its large, complex brains.