- High-conflict personalities possesses 4 qualities that may encourage them to become politicians.
- Overly emotional communication suits high-conflict personalities and drives the media to cover them.
- As with any conman, relationships with high-conflict personalities are calculated and transactional.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
Unfortunately, this means that drivers act more aggressively on the road when spotting cyclists.
- A new study in Australia shows that half of drivers don't rate cyclists as humans—this includes cyclists themselves.
- This research follows up on previous studies that show drivers act more aggressively toward cyclists after dehumanizing them.
- Cycling accidents in the US account for nearly 3 percent of all deaths on the roads.
Rediscovering the principles of self-actualisation might be just the tonic that the modern world is crying out for.
Abraham Maslow was the 20th-century American psychologist best-known for explaining motivation through his hierarchy of needs, which he represented in a pyramid. At the base, our physiological needs include food, water, warmth and rest.
Getting to love is "daunting" for millennials, says dating coach Susan Winter.
- The majority of millennials are still unmarried by age 32.
- Susan Winter, a relationship expert based in New York City, says the culture of modern dating has had an impact.
- Among her tips for finding love? Act in accordance with what you said you want.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.