An inside look at common relationship problems that link to how we were raised.
- Fear of abandonment or other attachment issues can stem from childhood loss (the death of a parent) but can also stem from mistreatment or emotional neglect as a child.
- Longitudinal studies have proven that a child's inability to maintain healthy relationships may be significantly impaired by having an insecure attachment to a primary caregiver during their early development.
- While these are common relationship problems that may be rooted in childhood experiences, as adults, we can break the cycle.
Because geocaches are always hidden out of sight, players often have to behave in out-of-the-ordinary ways to reach them.
A new study found that practicing mindfulness can lower feelings of paranoia.
- Psychologists find that a week of mindfulness meditation can reduce feelings of paranoia.
- The studies also pinpoint feelings of non-judgment to correlate with paranoid thoughts.
- The study was initiated to help lower paranoia in students.
The Buddha wasn't concerned with transcendence, but rather fully embodying the moment.
- Buddhism's recognition of nature's transience is particularly important right now.
- Mindfulness is an introduction to insight, which needs to be applied to navigate challenging times.
- The following 10 quotes provide a roadmap for dealing with our current struggles.
Learn how to cope with your stress by better understanding which stress personality type you are.
- Stress is a complex defense mechanism that is highly personal and can vary depending on the situation.
- Your personality greatly impacts how you cope with stress, research suggests.
- You can learn how to cope with your day-to-day stressors by understanding which "stress personality type" you are.