Folios cheese wraps can be a surprisingly healthy substitute for traditional tortillas. Of course, there's a catch.
- To help keto dieters stay the course, Lotito Foods has developed the Folios cheese wrap, a tortilla made entirely of cheese.
- These cheese wraps can be part of a healthy diet, but only if eaten in extreme moderation and alongside low-fat, low-salt foods.
- Research shows that replacing grains and fiber with fat and salts in the long term can be dangerous.
Donating to the right charities can save lives.
- Make-A-Wish stories are heartwarming, but are they worth the cost?
- Effective donations to the right charities can save lives, even if they don't make for good reading.
- A recent study into the value of wishes on health care costs gives good news for everybody.
The damage might not be "as bad" as traditional cigarettes, but it's still pretty bad.
- E-cigarettes reduce the amount of nitric oxide being produced, increasing the likelihood of heart damage.
- Vaping might be "healthier" than smoking traditional cigarettes, but as more research continues to be published, e-cigs are certainly not being shown as "healthy."
- Juul's recent removal of flavored pods from retail outlets was pre-empting forthcoming FDA regulations.
Why? Because you have more cells, the researchers say.
- A new study is out suggesting that the taller you are, the more at risk you are of certain types of cancers.
- The reason for this is a surprisingly simple one: you have more cells.
- 18 of 23 studied cancers saw a relation between height and cancer risk.
From time-traveling billiard balls to information-destroying black holes, the world's got plenty of puzzles that are hard to wrap your head around.
- While it's one of the best on Earth, the human brain has a lot of trouble accounting for certain problems.
- We've evolved to think of reality in a very specific way, but there are plenty of paradoxes out there to suggest that reality doesn't work quite the way we think it does.
- Considering these paradoxes is a great way to come to grips with how incomplete our understanding of the universe really is.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.