When it comes to climate change, today's airplane pollution is a real problem.
- A new partnership between the Delft University of Technology and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has been announced along with a plan for a striking new plane.
- The Flying-V is a plane that's all wing, and promises a 20% reduction in fuel use.
- Riding in the Flying-V as it banks may not be for the faint of heart.
You won't notice much of a difference unless you're north of the 55th parallel, though.
- Magnetic north has recently been moving north from Canada to Russia in a cold hurry.
- It's moving about 33 miles a year instead of the usual 7 miles.
- World navigation models had to updated ahead of schedule to catch up with it.
FOIA release sheds light on the DOD's own struggle to understand UFOs.
- A just-unclassified Department of Defense reading list on UFOs is stunning.
- The DOD is wondering if the truth lies in some of the most far-out theories.
- Science fiction has nothing on science fact.
A new study flies in the face of anecdotal evidence and raises questions about how we read data.
- Scientists working at medical schools across the United States discovered that parachutes don't lower the death rate of people jumping out of airplanes.
- The study flies in the face of decades of anecdotal evidence.
- The findings should be carefully applied, due to "minor caveats" with the experimental structure.
Most of those who try to sneak stuff onboard succeed.
- 32.4 percent of American travelers try to sneak forbidden items onboard.
- 87.7 percent of them succeed.
- It's mostly about recreational drugs, but also about explosives, poisons, and infectious items.