Unfortunately, this means that drivers act more aggressively on the road when spotting cyclists.
- A new study in Australia shows that half of drivers don't rate cyclists as humans—this includes cyclists themselves.
- This research follows up on previous studies that show drivers act more aggressively toward cyclists after dehumanizing them.
- Cycling accidents in the US account for nearly 3 percent of all deaths on the roads.
Archeologists had been doubtful since no such ship had ever been found.
- In 450 BCE, Greek historian Herodotus described a barge that's never been found.
- When the ancient port of Thonis-Heracleion was discovered, some 70 sunken ships were found resting in its waters.
- One boat, Ship 17, uncannily matches the Herodotus' description.
Less than a mile long, the Dorfbahn in Serfaus is also the world's highest metro system.
- The world's shortest (0.8 mi) and highest (4,680 ft) metro runs beneath an Austrian ski resort.
- Constructed in 1985, the Dorfbahn keeps Serfaus traffic-free.
- Capacity will increase from 1,600 to 3,000 passengers per hour this spring.
North Korea's Great Leader would rather not fly for his second summit with Trump – but the trip is also a political message to China.
- Kim Jong-un is already traveling for his summit with Trump on Wednesday.
- Rather than flying, he's taking a 60-hour train trip through China.
- The trip is a closely guarded secret, but this map shows the most likely itinerary.
In 2008, Elon Musk explained which of history's tech geniuses was his role model.
- In 2008, Elon Musk told an interviewer about his role models.
- His father had less of an influence than has been reported.
- Musk was a fan of both Edison and Tesla but preferred Edison.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.