Emojis might contain more emotional information than meets the eye.
- A new study shows that people who frequently used emojis in text messages with potential dates engaged in more sexual activity and had more contact with those dates.
- However, the study only shows an association; it didn't establish causality.
- The authors suggest that emojis might help to convey nuanced emotional information that's lacking in strictly text-based messaging.
A team of Japanese researchers comes across a remarkably simple trick.
- On average, ejaculate holds about a 50/50 mix of X and Y sperm.
- In some cultures and countries, there are strong historical and contemporary preferences for males over females.
- There are genes unique to X sperm that can be manipulated to make them swim more slowly than Y sperm.
Polyamory offers a unique opportunity to enjoy prolonged passion and closeness in romantic relationships
Researchers recruited more than 1000 polyamorous participants.
"A serious party neglects the underlying virtues of playfulness and generosity that make a party authentic."
Existentialism has a reputation for being angst-ridden and gloomy mostly because of its emphasis on pondering the meaninglessness of existence, but two of the best-known existentialists knew how to have fun in the face of absurdity.
Former evangelical pastor Joshua Harris has put himself in a difficult situation.
- Former pastor, Joshua Harris, recently announced that he's divorcing his wife of twenty years.
- Harris's 1997 book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye, sold over a million copies and is credited for influencing the Christian purity movement.
- His work has harmed a lot of people, causing Harris to rethink his ideas two decades after its publication.