Researchers discover that not only can anxiety prevent you from sleeping, but not getting a good night's sleep might also cause anxiety.
- Anxiety disorders are frequently associated with poor sleep. The intuitive conclusion is that anxious individuals are too worried to fall asleep.
- However, a recent fMRI study revealed that failing to get a good night's sleep, even for healthy individuals, can also contribute to anxiety levels the next day, raising them by up to 30 percent.
- The findings suggest that one of the best ways to treat anxiety may be to get in a full night's rest.
So why should we keep using them?
Mycologist Paul Stamets believes they should be.
- Mycologist Paul Stamets believes psilocybin should be offered over the counter.
- Numerous studies on psychedelics over the past few years are helping to build the case for therapeutic usage.
- Potential benefits include positive mental outlook and reduced depression and anxiety.
"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger"?
Researchers measured high- and low-adversity participants' feelings of compassion.