A unique 3D model allows researchers to explore embryonic development.
- Researchers observe the beginning of embryonic stem cells dividing into upper and lower body sections.
- An interdisciplinary team invents an impressively accurate 10-day-old "embryoid."
- The team's model may be important to other future research on pregnancy.
If a fetus is a person, would it be a citizen too?
- Abortion rights in the United States might be in for a bit of a reduction.
- Many of the debates around abortion center around what rights, if any, a fetus should have.
- If a fetus is a person, the question of if it would be a citizen seems quickly comes to mind.
Men should be just concerned as women.
- A study from Rutgers documents age-related reproductive factors for men.
- Beyond a certain age, men risk a variety of serious hazards to their mates and offspring.
- Men planning to father children should consider banking their sperm before reaching 35.
A new study finds such kids excel in all cognitive areas.
- A Spanish study finds that nuts consumed early in pregnancy boost babies' cognitive strength.
- Eating walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pine nuts and/or hazelnuts early in pregnancy can make a big difference.
- For those without allergies, nuts are good food.
Don't get too excited, there is a catch to the study.
- A new study finds a relationship between how often women gave their partners oral sex and the number of miscarriages they'd endured.
- While it demonstrates correlation, the study does not prove causation.
- The study will undoubtedly be the catalyst for further studies into this area.