Physicist plans to karate-chop them with super-fast blasts of light.
- Gérard Mourou has already won a Nobel for his work with fast laser pulses.
- If he gets pulses 10,000 times faster, he says he can modify waste on an atomic level.
- If no solution is found, we're already stuck with some 22,000 cubic meters of long-lasting hazardous waste.
At high tide each night, bright lights predict the underwater future.
- Lochmaddy is a seaside village sitting at the encroaching edge of the North Atlantic.
- Artists dazzling lights depict the town's submerged future as the oceans continue rising.
- It's an unsettling visualization of global warming's impact.
Why are soda and ice cream each linked to violence? This article delivers the final word on what people mean by "correlation does not imply causation."
Food is about to change.
- IBM's 2019 5 in 5 predicts major changes on the horizon.
- Food chain technology, from farmers' financing to desktop pathogen sensors, is about to explode.
- IBM and others have big ideas about reducing famine and food-borne illness.
When he first became a multi-millionaire, Elon Musk shared how his vision led to success.
- Elon Musk saw that you could make money on the internet back in 1995, when most people didn't.
- He explains that he's not interested in money as much as in starting companies.
- Musk likes to pursue new ideas like a "new game."
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.