A new study finds that casually fibbing to children results in lifelong issues.
- For simplicity and speed, parents may employ untruths as conversation-enders and to coerce desirable behavior using empty threats.
- Telling kids not to lie while modeling contrary behavior is, not surprisingly, a problem.
- Lying as an adult is just one of the issues lied-to children exhibit as grownups.
A group of at least 20 kids in Spain gets a rare illness with historical roots.
- A group of children in Spain develops a rare illness called hypertrichosis or "werewolf syndrome".
- The illness was caused by a medicine mixup.
- Hypertrichosis has been documented throughout history in images.
What can a learning space achieve when it's optimized for both student and parent expression?
- As America's mainstream education systems continue to disappoint both parents and students, schooling alternatives present a fresh opportunity and revolutionary approach to teaching children.
- Collaborative learning communities help students to discover themselves and their passions while parents play an active role in their education. Inspired by Montessori, Catherine Fraise founded Workspace to provide children the opportunity to learn and grow outside the four walls of "school."
- This video is supported by yes. every kid., an initiative that aims to rethink education from the ground up by connecting innovators in a shared mission to conquer "one size fits all" education reform.
A large new study pinpoints a technique to achieving better grades and success in life.
- A growth mindset could help students do better in school, finds a new study.
- 12,000 students were encouraged to grow intellectual abilities and take more challenging courses.
- Graduating high school is linked to better health and financial success.
The way children draw human figures has changed since the 1970s, reflecting modern society's attitudes to gender — German study
Study finds both a possible rise in gender equality and gender differentiation.