The photos may not be fake, but the context is.
It's the first American news channel to focus on African-American experiences.
- The channel aims to fill a "void" in mainstream media by telling stories and covering issues that matter to African Americans, according to the channel's website.
- BNC will feature all-black on-air talent, and it aims to be nonpartisan.
- Some have questioned how African Americans will respond to the channel, which launched Feb. 10.
Trump's Middle East peace plan contains the first map of a Palestinian state that 'Israel can live with'.
- Trump's Middle East plan is the first U.S. proposal to contain a map of a two-state solution.
- Considering Israel's close involvement, this map represents a Palestine 'Israel can live with'.
- But Palestinians are unlikely to agree to give up East Jerusalem—or much else.
If you understand when and how to ask questions, you possess an effective inoculation against charlatans.
- The internet has become a tool to tribalize us, a place where opinions become identities in a fight to the death of who's right and who's wrong.
- As information continues to flow in, many of us lack the training to effectively sort opinion from fact. This leads to widespread disinformation.
- We need science literacy. With an understanding of how things work, or how to question how things work, we empower ourselves to discover the truth.
The new strain of coronavirus that has spread across Asia is causing concern ahead of China's Lunar New Year.
- A new strain of the coronavirus — similar to SARS — is spreading across China and to nearby countries, including the U.S..
- Although it's relatively early on, the virus appears to be fairly infectious and capable of human-to-human transmission, a serious concern given the many travelers expected to visit China for the upcoming Lunar New Year.
- The World Health Organization intends to convene an emergency committee in the near future to determine whether the outbreak should be considered a public health emergency of international concern.