Disney, one of world's largest entertainment companies, doubles down on its environmental plan.
- Disney is taking the lead in reducing greenhouse emissions at its facilities.
- The company built a giant solar panel installation to power its Florida resort.
- Disney plans to cut emissions by 50 percent by the year 2020.
...and hopes for big benefits.
Want to live and work in Canada? That dream could become a reality now the government has announced plans to accept more than a million immigrants in the next three years.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
The Oxfam report prompted Anand Giridharadas to tweet: "Don't be Pinkered into everything's-getting-better complacency."
- A new report by Oxfam argues that wealth inequality is causing poverty and misery around the world.
- In the last year, the world's billionaires saw their wealth increase by 12%, while the poorest 3.8 billion people on the planet lost 11% of their wealth.
- The report prompted Anand Giridharadas to tweet: "Don't be Pinkered into everything's-getting-better complacency." We explain what Steven Pinker's got to do with it.
Rwanda is pioneering the regulation and use of drones - such as delivering blood
Even the optimists among us would have to admit 2018 was a challenging year. The fractured world that became the focus of our 2018 Annual Meeting a year ago came under further pressure from populist rhetoric and rising nationalist agendas. At the same time, the urgent need for coordinated global action in areas such as climate change, inequality and the impact of automation on jobs became more intense.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.