A new study warns of millions of "lost Einsteins".
- A new study reveals the economic class from which most U.S. inventors come.
- Wealth, race, and gender are all factors in innovation.
- Exposure to innovators and inventions in childhood can bridge the gap.
How did human homosexuality evolve?
- Standard evolutionary theory may not tell the full story of human sexuality, says Yale professor Richard Prum.
- Same-sex attraction may have evolved to contribute to female alliances, and male-male sexual attraction may have also evolved to enhance female freedom of choice, posits Prum.
- Richard Prum is the author of The Evolution of Beauty: How Darwin's Forgotten Theory of Mate Choice Shapes the Animal World. Read more about Prum's theory of same-sex evolution here.
Feminism simply means equal rights for men and women.
- Feminism that doesn't benefit men isn't really feminism.
- Gender is a palette you can draw with; the self is a piece of art.
- Women should have rights equal to those of men, end of story.
It's just one of the workplace gender insights in a new study.
Strickland, whose research helped advance the field of laser science, is the only living female Nobel laureate for physics.
- Strickland, a 59-year-old Canadian physicist, helped develop a technique that led to many laser technologies used today.
- Two other women have won the Nobel for physics; one in 1963, the other in 1903.
- Strickland shares the award and $1 million prize with two other scientists, Arthur Ashkin and Gerard Mourou.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.