"They" has taken on a not-so-new meaning lately. This earned it the scrutiny it needed to win.
Some lingerie lines have failed to keep up with a new era.
- According to L Brands, the Victoria's Secret fashion show, which began in 1995, has been cancelled to shift its focus on digital marketing.
- Since the advent of the fashion, the female body has been dissected and commodified to promote new feminine ideals for sales. This might be ending.
- Feminist demands have given rise to body inclusive brands such as Aerie, ThirdLove, Universal Studios, and Savage X Fenty that redefine "sexy."
Many people often continue to harbour positive feelings towards their exes long after the relationship is over.
New research finds how power dynamics shape the speech of men and women.
- A new psychology study finds differences in speech patterns between men and women.
- Men tend to use more abstract language, while women focus more on the details.
- This tendency is due to power dynamics that can be changed, concluded the researchers.
Overcoming assumptions when it comes to gender and capabilities is the key to a successful society.
- It's important to realize the implicit biases we carry regarding gender.
- In school settings, women are less likely to be encouraged to pursue careers in STEM fields because it's assumed that men have greater math skills. This simply isn't true.
- In the interest of a successful society, everyone should be allowed to pursue work based on their interests and skills.