North Korea's Great Leader would rather not fly for his second summit with Trump – but the trip is also a political message to China.
- Kim Jong-un is already traveling for his summit with Trump on Wednesday.
- Rather than flying, he's taking a 60-hour train trip through China.
- The trip is a closely guarded secret, but this map shows the most likely itinerary.
...and hopes for big benefits.
Want to live and work in Canada? That dream could become a reality now the government has announced plans to accept more than a million immigrants in the next three years.
Russia's famed intelligence agency was often successful in getting American secrets.
- The KGB recruited spies and carried out numerous operations in the United States.
- The spies compromised U.S. intelligence and military.
- Some practices of the KGB continue in modern intelligence.
Worryingly, these are not just two random collections of countries, but two blocs with a lot of pre-existing enmity.
- The U.S. has urged the world to 'pick sides' in Venezuela's constitutional crisis.
- This map shows which countries continue to support Maduro, and which ones have thrown their weight behind Guaidó.
- Could this be the first intimation of a new Cold War – or worse?
Hollywood's notions of future wars may be nothing like the real ones.
- Wars of the future will not even look like wars to the traditional mind. The worst threat is systemic. It's growing entropy in the global system.
- Today, when Russia wants to shake up Europe — the world — its operatives weaponize refugees. That is, by bombing civilian centers, they create an avalanche of refugees, which, in turn, creates Brexit and the rise of right-wing national parties that want to disembowel the European Union.
- High-tech is not the savior that many futurists pretend it is when it comes to warfare. As a matter of fact, McFate contends, much of our investment in it is ludicrous. "You know, we have not fought, we have not had a strategic dogfight since the Korean War. So why do we need more fighter jets? I do not know. . . . We've spent $1.5 trillion on the F-35. That's more than Russia's GDP."
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.