Discover your ancestry and reach your health goals with actionable diet and exercise plans based on your DNA.
- Vitagene offers ancestry details and a full DNA analysis of your health and dietary needs.
- Vitagene findings offer food choices, supplement recommendations and workout routines tailored specifically to you.
- The Vitagene DNA Premium Test Kit is now $40 off, just $99.99.
Researchers have recently discovered two of the genes that govern this weird-looking salamander's ability to regenerate limbs, eyes, and even its brain.
- All salamanders are gifted at regeneration, but the axolotl takes this capability to the extreme.
- In addition to growing back its limbs, axolotl can grow back organs like their eyes and even their brains.
- Research on how they do this has been slow due to the creature's massive genome, but scientists recently uncovered two genes that play an important role.
If your New Year's resolution was to get in shape, signing up for the marathon is a bad way to go about it.
- Marathons gained popularity over the last decade. In 2018, 456,700 Americans completed a marathon, an 11 percent increase in participation from 2008.
- Training for and racing 26.2 miles has been shown to have adverse effects on the heart, such as plaque buildup in the arteries and inflammation.
- Running too much can lead to chronically increased cortisol levels, resulting in weight gain, fatigue, and lower immune function.
All this from a wad of gum?
- Researchers recently uncovered a piece of chewed-on birch pitch in an archaeological dig in Denmark.
- Conducting a genetic analysis of the material left in the birch pitch offered a plethora of insights into the individual who last chewed it.
- The gum-chewer has been dubbed Lola. She lived 5,700 years ago; and she had dark skin, dark hair, and blue eyes.
Learn where your ancestors are from, the breed of your rescue dog, and if your home is safe with these easy at-home kits.
- There is a lot we can learn from the saliva in our mouths and the air in our homes.
- There are at-home DIY tests for just about everything, but not all of them are as accurate as they claim.
- From revealing the breed of your dog to testing your home for harmful gases, these kits are worth the money.