Are the concentration benefits just a marketing ploy?
Though fidget spinners have been around since the early 1990s, it was 2017 when they really started to make a stir, becoming a seemingly overnight sensation and starting to appear in offices, classrooms, public transport and pretty much anywhere else they were permitted.
Research found that overweight children were just as smart but not as successful.
A gift guide of the hottest educational toys for your budding scientist, engineer, or mathematician.
- STEM toys help children build important science, technology, engineering, and math skills.
- From fossil kits to programmable robots, there are lots of great options for kids of all ages.
- This STEM gift guide will set you on the right path this holiday season.
We found 10 video games that kids will love (and they'll secretly be learning, too).
- Educational video games endure a gimcrack reputation for being boring.
- We list 10 games that can help players learn and may improve their cognitive skills.
- The American Psychological Association recognizes other benefits to playing video games, including social and motivational.
Are we born with self-control? Or does context change our behavior?
- Are behaviors innate, or are they shaped by our surroundings?
- David Epstein poses this question as he examines the person-situation debate through the lens of the famed marshmallow test, an experiment in the self-control of children.
- Simple strategies can be taught to help delay gratification, which suggests our personality traits can undergo change depending on context.