Nurturing several relationships at once can empower us to build a life so rich that when we lose one love among many, we don't feel as if we've lost 'everything.'
Can you imagine a world without heartbreak? Not without sadness, disappointment or regret – but a world without the sinking, searing, all-consuming ache of lost love. A world without heartbreak is also a world where simple acts cannot be transformed, as if by sorcery, into moments of sublime significance. Because a world without heartbreak is a world without love – isn't it?
The Belgian psychotherapist has a lot to teach us.
Journalism got a big wake up call in 2016. Can we be optimistic about the future of media?
- "[T]o have a democracy that thrives and actually that manages to stay alive at all, you need regular citizens being able to get good, solid information," says Craig Newmark.
- The only constructive way to deal with fake news? Support trustworthy media. In 2018, Newmark was announced as a major donor of two new media organizations, The City, which will report on New York City-area stories which may have otherwise gone unreported, and The Markup, which will report on technology.
- Greater transparency of fact-checking within media organizations could help confront and correct fake news. Organizations already exist to make media more trustworthy — are we using them? There's The Trust Project, International Fact-Checkers Network, and Tech & Check.
Try them out tonight.
The evening represents many things to different people. It's a time to unwind, a time to catch up on sleep, and for many couples, it's the most opportune time to connect with one another. And since we know that there's an inextricable link between sleep and the success of a relationship (yes, there are even sleep habits that can mess with a relationship!), it's important to implement practices that help you and your partner thrive before bedtime.
Here are the sleep and bedtime habits that characterize successful relationships.
They have more casual sex, too.
- Between 18 and 25 percent of Tinder users is in a committed relationship while on Tinder.
- Non-single Tinder users are more likely to report casual sexual behavior.
- Personality distinctions were found between non-single users and other groups.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.