Throughout history, anarchists have been responsible for bombings and assassinations, including some very recent ones.
- Anarchism isn't always violent, but there's a reason why that stereotype has stuck.
- Throughout history, anarchists have tried to bomb and assassinate different targets – including Barack Obama.
- Here are 5 notable anarchist plots, ranging from centuries-old bombings to modern-day assassination attempts.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
A new report outlines how the CIA considered using a drug called Versed on detainees in the years following 9/11.
- The 90-page report was released to the American Civil Liberties Union on Tuesday.
- It describes how the CIA researched past attempts by governments to find an effective 'truth serum', including the agency's infamous MK-Ultra program.
- Ultimately, the agency decided not to ask the Justice Department to approve drug-assisted interrogations.
The CNN anchor made the remarks during a live broadcast on Monday night.
- Lemon was having a conversation about a recent shooting, which appeared to be racially motivated, when he made the remark.
- He's been criticized by many conservatives on Twitter, some of whom say his comments are hypocritical.
- Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian also addressed a similar topic this week in an interview with Quartz.
It's a little scary out there, folks.
- CNN was evacuated live on air.
- The targets of the bomb threats are frequently attacked by some in our political landscape.
- It's unknown how many more suspicious packages are in the mail.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.