Here's how to harness the sunlight, even if you're sitting in an office all day.
Strangely, the sun showed no sunspots at the time the photo was taken.
- The photo shows the International Space Station as it orbits the Earth, as it does every 90 minutes.
- The photo is remarkable because it offers a glimpse of the star at a time when there were no sunspots.
- In November, astronauts aboard the ISS plan to grow Española chili pepper plants.
The more Greenland melts, the more Greenland melts. Here's why.
- The Arctic right is currently warming about twice as fast as the rest of the world.
- Ice is white and bright and is able to reflect solar energy back into space. When it melts and exposes dark, open ocean, that open ocean absorbs more sunlight and more energy. This creates a kind of feedback loop.
- The darkness absorbs more solar energy — more sunlight. In turn, this accelerates the melt of the ice.
Spiders, fish, birds, and bats all break with their daily routines.
Ever wondered why the longest day of the year happens when it does?