Going mad with Christmas cheer? Try one of these alternatives.
- Christmas is an all consuming holiday, celebrated even in cultures where Christianity never took root.
- However, some people just can't take it anymore. Some of them even invented new holidays as alternatives.
- While some of the holidays are celebrated half jokingly, they all offer an escape from an often overbearing Christmas season.
It was captured by the Parker Solar Probe, which is currently studying the star.
- NASA's Parker Solar Probe is currently traveling closer to the sun than any other spacecraft before it.
- The probe is recording data on the star to help scientists learn more about the star and its volatile nature.
- Also this week, NASA released the first images of its Mars InSight lander taken from space.
The barrier to solar energy has always been storage. Now, bottled sunshine has a shelf-life of 18 years.
- Researchers have invented a liquid isomer that can store and release solar energy.
- The team has solved problems other researchers have previously encountered.
- The discovery could lead to more widespread use of solar energy.
A buzzworthy study looks at the strange actions of bees.
Is The Goblin's orbit a breadcrumb leading us to Planet X?
- The solar system's starting to look very different than we thought.
- A third object beyond Pluto has just been announced.
- The newly discovered dwarf, dubbed "The Goblin," never comes closer than 65 astronomical units, or AU, to the sun.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.