Superpowerful lasers for next-generation technologies are closer to existence.
- A new study calculates how to create high-energy gamma rays.
- Physicist Allen Mills proposes using liquid helium to make bubbles of positronium, a mixture with antimatter.
- Gamma ray lasers can lead to new technologies in space propulsion, medical imaging and cancer treatment.
Here are 10 physics courses you can take now with some of the best experts in the world.
- You can find numerous physics courses currently available online for free.
- Courses are taught by instructors with amazing credits like Nobel Prizes and field-defining work.
- Topics range from introductory to Einstein's theory of relativity, particle physics, dark energy, quantum mechanics, and more.
Researchers discovered a mysterious quantum effect that breaks a 60-year-old physics theorem.
- Princeton scientists lead an international team that discovered unusual behavior in iron-based superconductors.
- The researchers observed how adding cobalt atoms disrupted superconductivity.
- The experiment demonstrated unexpected quantum behavior.
Researchers develop a novel method to measure gravity that can get much more information.
- Scientists use lasers that suspend atoms in air to measure gravity.
- This method can be more precise and allow for gathering of much more information.
- Portal devices using this technique can help find mineral deposits and improve mapping.
Scientists from John Hopkins find a material for quantum computing.
- Researchers from John Hopkins University discovered a new superconducting material.
- The material, called β-Bi2Pd, can create flex qubits, necessary for quantum computing.
- Next for the scientists is looking for Majorana fermions.