The intelligent life we are searching for doesn't have to be humanoid.
New study figures out how stars produce gamma ray bursts.
These needles in the vast galactic haystack take more effort to find, but they help piece together our origins.
- With billions of stars in our galaxy, why should astronomers seek out the oldest ones?
- Age-dating stars is a complicated process, so astronomers use chemical compositions, telescopes, and prisms to determine the age of these ancient stars.
- Some telescopes used for this purpose are in extremely remote places, where you can observe the bright band of the Milky Way with the naked eye.
The Mars 2020 rover is set to launch in July of the same year, setting the stage for years and years of science on the Red Planet.
- NASA recently unveiled the final details of the Mars 2020 rover mission.
- As yet unnamed, the Mars 2020 rover will launch in July of that same year. It's primary mission will be to search the planet for signs of microbial life.
- However, the rover also contains instrumentation that will enable it to prepare for future human life, including a device to produce oxygen from Mars' CO2 atmosphere.
CuriosityStream is a non-fiction streaming platform of over 2,000 documentary features and series that open up every facet of our planet, our times and our universe.
- CuriosityStream offers a streaming library of over 2,000 documentary features and series.
- The service was created by Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet founder John S. Hendricks.
- CuriosityStream is available anywhere with no international geo-locking restrictions.