The global inflation rate is currently around 3.6%, but is much higher in these countries
How much are free online goods worth to people, anyway? Researcher attempt to find an answer.
A vertical map might better represent a world dominated by China and determined by shipping routes across the iceless Arctic.
- Europe has dominated cartography for so long that its central place on the world map seems normal.
- However, as the economic centre of gravity shifts east and the climate warms up, tomorrow's map may be very different.
- Focusing on both China and Arctic shipping lanes, this vertical representation could be the world map of the future.
With the ivory trade on the decline, poachers have been capitalizing on a new, disturbing trend.
- At the start of 2018, China banned all ivory products within its borders. As one of the largest markets for ivory, this represented a significant win for conservationists.
- However, just as the ivory trade declined, a new demand for elephant skin emerged.
- The skin is used in medicine and to make jewelry. What options are there for combating this dangerous new trend?
At 18 percent of the population, Hispanics account for 67.2 percent of U.S. net homeownership gains.
- After a 50-year low, Hispanics have seen the largest homeownership gains for any ethnic demographic.
- The uptick likely results from a bevy of gains Hispanics have seen in recent years.
- This rise in homeownership is part of an increasingly diverse United States.