"They" has taken on a not-so-new meaning lately. This earned it the scrutiny it needed to win.
When it comes to making others laugh, you have to help them observe an absurd fact of life with you.
- When you're trying to write something funny, it has to be an idea that first strikes you, personally, as funny.
- The reason for this is that, then, it's something you're genuinely amused by. When this is so, it's based on observation of an experience that others may relate to.
- The next step, after this, is to try to translate it for others to understand. Sometimes you can't reword it perfectly for others to appreciate because the words themselves carry different notes of meaning to you. Nevertheless, the aim is to try to keep your audience's jargon, their palette of words, in mind.
Babbel is developed by over 100 linguistic experts and its speech recognition technology assesses your pronunciation so it's "fi 'ahsan al'ahwal" every time.
- A lifetime Babbel subscription can help you learn up to 14 popular languages.
- 10-to-15 minute language lessons focus on building basic conversational skills.
- Babbel's speech recognition technology monitors and assesses your verbal performance.
The ONE Mini is a Swiss Army knife of translation tech, interpreting 12 different foreign languages with a host of features.
- The ONE Mini translates and transcribe 12 languages in real time.
- Advanced speech recognition tech produces text or verbal translations instantly.
- Live premium translator service is available through ONE Mini.
Dominant wild silverbacks wax musical with their mouths full.
- Recent recordings of gorillas singing as they eat add the species to a lengthening list of musical eaters in the animal kingdom.
- Two types of songs have been recorded: a hum, and, well, gorilla improv.
- It's suspected that spoken language may begin with songs.