Stop embarrassing misspellings with this handy grammar checker app.
- Digital communication results in numerous grammar mistakes.
- Learning proper grammar makes you a better and more effective communicator.
- People with fewer grammar mistakes in their online profiles achieve higher positions and receive more promotions at work.
Mondly makes it easy and fun to learn any of the app's 33 languages.
- One of the best ways to ensure cognitive health is by new acquiring skills, such as learning a new language.
- Learning a language may help your mind stay sharp as you age.
- The best way to learn is to constantly practice speaking with others.
In 1998, former New Yorker editor Tina Brown went into business with Harvey Weinstein. That was a colossal mistake.
- Tina Brown was never sexually harassed by Harvey Weinstein, however in 1998, she began a business partnership with Weinstein founding a new magazine following her success rebooting The New Yorker.
- She describes the experience as a "colossal mistake" and Weinstein as a brutal bully who abused and humiliated his staff and left Brown shell-shocked. The venture was dropped, and Brown's regret is that she didn't pull the plug as soon as she learned what Weinstein was like behind closed doors.
- Before you get into business with anyone, get to know who they are, advises Brown. Make phone calls to people who have worked with them in the past, and draw a line in the sand so you do not become roped into a bully's world.
Disagreements should not equal censorship.
- Defending someone's right to speak does not mean that you have to agree with what they say. The correct response is not censorship, but more discussion.
- Physician and sociologist Nicholas Christakis argues that in politics, defending the principle of a contested election is not the same as agreeing with or endorsing a candidate. "We should defend that principle even if we don't like the outcome of the vote."
- The best way to test your ideas and beliefs is to argue them against someone with a different stance/point-of-view.
Whether you're speaking at a wedding or your own TED Talk, here's how you can make the experience a little less harrowing.
- Public speaking is a common fear that many people share.
- Presenting your ideas in a public forum is one of the most powerful means for disseminating information.
- There are common techniques that you can learn to become a memorable public speaker.