The Kremlin has been eying China for a very long time.
- Russia is not a European power, nor does it strive to be, says Parag Khanna. It is a Eurasian power.
- Western sanctions on Russia, coupled with Asian's economic rise, has inspired Russia to pivot toward China – its largest trading partner.
- The West would understand Russia better if it fully considered Russia's economic reorientation toward Asia, and especially China.
More vaccine-autism facts for the fact-averse.
- A massive new study finds absolutely no link between MMR vaccination and autism.
- Some question the expenditure of yet more research money on convincing conspiracy theorists.
- There are already 206 measles cases this year in the U.S., and the disease is up by 30% globally, despite previous near-eradication.
Surprise, surprise: The U.S. isn't even close to the top of the list.
- Bloomberg recently released its annual index of the world's healthiest countries, which it compiles by grading countries on factors such as smoking rates, access to clean water, obesity, sanitation and more.
- Spain topped the list this year — thanks in part to the nation's healthy Mediterranean diet, the report suggested.
- The U.S. ranked 35th, likely due in part to poor American eating habits.
...and hopes for big benefits.
Want to live and work in Canada? That dream could become a reality now the government has announced plans to accept more than a million immigrants in the next three years.
Experts say global warming is no longer some future worry. It's already here.
- President Trump and other politicians have routinely dismissed climate change as a hoax.
- Data from NASA and NOAA show 2018 was the fourth hottest year on record.
- Collectively, the last five years have represented the hottest in the 139-year record.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.