When these particles are eaten by earthworms, the results are not good.
- New research from Anglia Ruskin University states that microplastics in soil are causing earthworms to lose weight.
- Soil affected by microplastics produces less crop yield due to less productive earthworms and lower pH levels.
- If this trend continues, our entire agricultural system could be compromised.
The FDA calls out creators of genetically tweaked hornless bulls.
- Hornless bull clones turn out to have questionable genomes.
- Scientists were so confident they didn't even look for transgenic DNA.
- No one's sure what to do with the offspring.
Some pesticides are about as toxic as table salt.
It's made from Chernobyl water and rye. What could possibly go wrong?
- 33 years later, parts of the exclusion zone may be ready to be reclaimed.
- The beverage similar to Ukrainian vodka will soon be available.
- Raise a glass to the renewable Earth.
Experts say two emerging meat alternatives will challenge the conventional meat industry.
- "Novel vegan meat alternatives" and cultured meat will likely become competitors to traditional meat products, the report says.
- The report was conducted by the consulting firm A.T. Kearney and was based on expert interviews.
- Cultured meat isn't yet on the market, but could be by 2021.