It's made from Chernobyl water and rye. What could possibly go wrong?
- 33 years later, parts of the exclusion zone may be ready to be reclaimed.
- The beverage similar to Ukrainian vodka will soon be available.
- Raise a glass to the renewable Earth.
Experts say two emerging meat alternatives will challenge the conventional meat industry.
- "Novel vegan meat alternatives" and cultured meat will likely become competitors to traditional meat products, the report says.
- The report was conducted by the consulting firm A.T. Kearney and was based on expert interviews.
- Cultured meat isn't yet on the market, but could be by 2021.
Beefless meat enters the mainstream.
- Burger King is testing its first major foray into the field of beefless patties.
- On top of plant-based meats, cellular agriculture — or "cell-ag" — can also yield animal-free patties.
- A new report lists 90 reasons that cell-ag holds a lot of promise.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
Food is about to change.
- IBM's 2019 5 in 5 predicts major changes on the horizon.
- Food chain technology, from farmers' financing to desktop pathogen sensors, is about to explode.
- IBM and others have big ideas about reducing famine and food-borne illness.