Getting rid of the president is a popular subject these days. And Sunstein's advice on the subject can show us the protocol — and the history — behind firing the most powerful man in the free world.
- It's hard not to write about the laws of impeachment without invoking the current POTUS, Mr Donald J. Trump. A former reality-star with no governing experience, Trump has set foreign relations into a panic with his rage-fueled Tweeting habit.
- In almost every public moment since the election (and before it) — from his talk about grabbing women by the genitals to mocking a disabled reporter to suggesting the 2017 Puerto Rico hurricane wasn't a "real" disaster — he's offended the majority of Americans.
- Cass Sunstein walks us through how it could come to be. And it's a lot easier than you might think. Cass Sunstein's research is cited in The Influential Mind: What the Brain Reveals about Our Power to Change Others byTali Sharot.
Is that what Jesus would have responded to the poll from Pew Research Center?
Harvey Meston / Staff
- A Pew Research Center survey found that only 25% of white evangelicals say the U.S. has a responsibility to accept refugees.
- Meanwhile, people with no religious affiliation were most likely to say the U.S. does have that responsibility.
- The results show the divide between the principles and practices of right-wing Christians in the U.S.
A majority both disapproves of him and think's he'll win next year. What gives?
- A new poll shows a majority of respondents think Trump will win another term next year.
- This is despite the fact that the respondents didn't all approve of Trump.
- Similar polls have been taken for other Presidents at the same point in their first term.
Americans must choose the middle path, away from the fundamentalist positions on both the right and the left, argues a Washington think tank.
- Niskanen Center, a Washington think tank, argues for avoiding the extremes of political positions.
- The analysts propose that both a regulated free market and bolstered social insurance programs are important.
- If we don't correct course soon, the American political system may never recover, warn the authors.
West delivered an impassioned speech on American industry and transport, even pitching a high-tech plane to Apple.
- West met with the President to discuss urban revitalization, stop-and-frisk policies, and crime in Chicago, among other topics.
- West praised Trump for his work in office so far, and pleaded for the rest of the country to support its leader.
- West's support of Trump has long been a source of controversy among his fans and fellow artists.