Is that what Jesus would have responded to the poll from Pew Research Center?
Harvey Meston / Staff
- A Pew Research Center survey found that only 25% of white evangelicals say the U.S. has a responsibility to accept refugees.
- Meanwhile, people with no religious affiliation were most likely to say the U.S. does have that responsibility.
- The results show the divide between the principles and practices of right-wing Christians in the U.S.
A majority both disapproves of him and think's he'll win next year. What gives?
- A new poll shows a majority of respondents think Trump will win another term next year.
- This is despite the fact that the respondents didn't all approve of Trump.
- Similar polls have been taken for other Presidents at the same point in their first term.
Americans must choose the middle path, away from the fundamentalist positions on both the right and the left, argues a Washington think tank.
- Niskanen Center, a Washington think tank, argues for avoiding the extremes of political positions.
- The analysts propose that both a regulated free market and bolstered social insurance programs are important.
- If we don't correct course soon, the American political system may never recover, warn the authors.
West delivered an impassioned speech on American industry and transport, even pitching a high-tech plane to Apple.
- West met with the President to discuss urban revitalization, stop-and-frisk policies, and crime in Chicago, among other topics.
- West praised Trump for his work in office so far, and pleaded for the rest of the country to support its leader.
- West's support of Trump has long been a source of controversy among his fans and fellow artists.
The states with golden stars on them are extra intriguing.
- Barnes & Noble reported a 57% increase in political book sales compared to 2017.
- The top three best-selling political books of 2018 have been mostly critical of President Donald Trump, though each state varies in which political books it buys most.
- Despite the boost in sales, Barnes & Noble could put itself up for sale in the near future.