Job applicants now have to contend with the growing use of artificial intelligence in hiring decisions.
- Artificial Intelligence is increasingly being used in hiring.
- AI can analyze the personality and decision-making of potential employees.
- Consultants can offer advice to candidates on dealing with AI interviews.
There's a lot we can do with current technology to help stem the tide of climate change, but future technology may help even more.
- Part of what makes fighting climate change so hard is that solutions take years or even decades to develop.
- Meanwhile, the amount of CO2 already in the atmosphere means that climate change has momentum on its side, and its effects are already being felt.
- However, quantum computing would represent a breakthrough that could cut down on the time needed to research and develop solutions exponentially, turning the work of decades into years or less.
No harm done this time, but it's an ominous occurrence.
- Late last week, the city of New Orleans was hit by a ransomware attack.
- Government offices were able to avoid the worst of it, as the result of following existing procedures.
- Attacks like this on city governments are more common than you'd think.
With a virtual private network, you're accessing a separate server for your internet use, making it virtually impossible for hackers or malicious outsiders to track your online activities and hack your accounts.
Robots may be able to beat us at chess, but they still have trouble when it comes to soft skills — making sense of human behavior.
- In a rapidly changing work world it's critical to continue evolving your skills — this is especially true as automation's presence in the workforce increases.
- Robots are good at working off of knowledge that we already know, however, they aren't that great when it comes to developing original ideas.
- Though robots are good at jobs founded on patterns and data points, they currently don't excel when it comes to soft skills — that is, they have difficulty dealing with human behavior. On our end, soft skills help us make sense of chaotic environments where the dynamic human element is constantly in play.