Saving money doesn't mean sacrificing quality of life; in fact, it can be a way to improve it.
- U.S. household debt reached an all-time high in 2018, a year that also saw a severe drop in the personal savings rate.
- While the internet propagates many untenable ways to save, experts agree that small changes to our lives can result in large paybacks.
- These five ways to save money can lead to improved health and living a little greener.
Seemingly small moments of discrimination often pass unnoticed.
- While the #metoo movement has focused on sexual misconduct, there are many ways discrimination pervades society.
- Wearing makeup should be a choice, not a male-directed demand, many women stated in an informal survey.
- Since going makeup free in 2016, Alicia Keys says it has been empowering.
Folios cheese wraps can be a surprisingly healthy substitute for traditional tortillas. Of course, there's a catch.
- To help keto dieters stay the course, Lotito Foods has developed the Folios cheese wrap, a tortilla made entirely of cheese.
- These cheese wraps can be part of a healthy diet, but only if eaten in extreme moderation and alongside low-fat, low-salt foods.
- Research shows that replacing grains and fiber with fat and salts in the long term can be dangerous.
Patently insane: How Big Pharma gouges drug prices
- Scores of people — including many beloved musicians and celebrities — are dying from perfectly legal pharmacutical drugs. And many big companies are profiting.
- After cornering the market, these giant corporations inflate the prices to gouge the consumer.
- Lowering drug prices could be obtained by starting first in the patent office.
We look at the most common New Year's resolutions and get expert advice to help you check them off 2019's to-do list.
- The top three New Year's resolutions for 2018 were to eat healthier, get more exercise, and save more money. Care to guess what the top three are this year?
- We check in with experts to devise strategies for tackling the most common New Year's resolutions.
- Knowing exactly what you want to accomplish and how you will do it can help increase your chances of success in 2019.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.